PDA

View Full Version : Facebook, Twitter and the Blog

Whyt Lindow
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi guys!

I've been using a bit of my time today setting up the new Facebook page.
I've had a look at our Twitter account as well and I'll be keeping the blog up to date on the forum but I'll also be using it to review latest anime episodes/series/seasons eventually.

I'd would really appreciate it if people would be willing to join the Facebook page and/or follow our twitter account.

One problem I am having is that I have no idea what to do with the Twitter account. Since the forum doesn't have as much activity as some, I'm not sure how the twitter account is going to work. I can keep it as purely TLOAG, stating general statistics and announcements but I'd like to know what some of you think on the idea. I'm open to other ideas as well of course.

I'd also like to know if any one would like to contribute to the graphics on any of the sites. The Blog and Twitter graphics are all simple edits what I did some time back, the Facebook main image is something I got frustrated with and left as it is. I'd like the keep the sites largely neutral if that's alright.

For those who don't know the links:

Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lands-of-Anime-and-Gaming/467911013222839)

Twitter (http://twitter.com/tloagnews)

Blog (http://tloag.wordpress.com)

Opal Maiden
06-05-2012, 05:45 AM
I thought the site already had a facebook.

Whyt Lindow
06-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I've set up a new Facebook account as the old one was linked to my personal account and was if anything, kinda messy.

The new one looks better and I can post as The Lands of Anime and Gaming instead of my own personal account.

Starlight
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I can start working on graphics again, since I've realized that I don't need photoshop and can use the free alternative GIMP.
Took me a couple of weeks to think about that.

Ambient-Symphony
06-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Haha, epic bro.

I can start working on graphics again, since I've realized that I don't need photoshop and can use the free alternative GIMP.
Took me a couple of weeks to think about that.

I remember GIMP being the first program I started with in graphics.
The layout is very simple and easy to learn for beginners. However, the tools are limited and do not provide a slew of options.
I am really looking forward to your latest works. :)

Whyt Lindow
06-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Lets get this started!

With he Facebook page I can add some people as staff members of the page, it'll let you do some editing and posting if anyone wants to be added.

Starlight Have you eyed on anything that you wanna start with?

Ambient-Symphony
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Amazing work, Lindow.
I am actually working on a project of my own for the Homepage. :cheers:
Haha, it looks like we are all going to be busy with stuff here. XD

Whyt Lindow
06-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Ooooo~
LD-Skipper, I'm looking forward to what your gonna roll out!

Opal Maiden
06-07-2012, 08:07 AM
I already know what it is since he told me before.

Ambient-Symphony
06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Ooooo~
LD-Skipper, I'm looking forward to what your gonna roll out!
Haha, it is actually halfway complete.
Although, there are a few minor adjustments that are holding me back. XD

I already know what it is since he told me before.
Ah, yes. I remember.
I sent you a text.

Starlight
06-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Starlight Have you eyed on anything that you wanna start with?

The banners for everything. <3
If that's okaaay.

Whyt Lindow
06-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Starlight, you can replace all my half arsed banners if you want! It'll be nice to have something attractive on 'em for once.
PM me or post here if when you finish one :coffee:

Ambient-Symphony
06-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Whyt Lindow: Star is one heck of a good GFXer.
I still have memories of everything she made in the past.

Whyt Lindow
06-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm looking forward to this even more!

Ambient-Symphony
06-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Haha, as am I. XD
Ah, by the way, you are more than welcome to follow gaming related twitter accounts.
That way it will expand our options.

Ambient-Symphony
06-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Whyt Lindow: Ah, Before I forget, I would like for you to know that I integrated the social pages to the Homepage.

Whyt Lindow
06-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Excellent!

I'm gonna recruit some of you guys to help me with them!

Apply below for privileges to the Facebook page!

Opal Maiden
06-12-2012, 04:25 AM
How come the twitter is only following anime accounts and not gaming accounts also?

Isn't TLOAG suppose to revolve around both anime and gaming subjects?

Also the blog and facebook don't seem to have any content involving games.

Whyt Lindow
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
My apologies people!

We will be following some gaming sites shortly!

I completely forgot about it when I was looking around...

Edit:

I'm in to open world sandbox games and even those are sparse since I'm a PC gamer, would anyone like to keep the Facebook page updated with content related to console gaming? You can make a new account or use an existing one and I'll add you as staff.

Ambient-Symphony
06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Haha, no worries.
If you would like, I can provide some daily info for you to put on the Facebook page, as well as the blog for console and hand-held gaming.
Also, you are more than welcome to tweet and share my articles from the homepage to Twitter and Facebook.
I am also considering implementing a Digg submit, but I'm not certain if anyone here has a Digg account.

Whyt Lindow
06-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Haha, no worries.
If you would like, I can provide some daily info for you to put on the Facebook page, as well as the blog for console and hand-held gaming.
Also, you are more than welcome to tweet and share my articles from the homepage to Twitter and Facebook.
I am also considering implementing a Digg submit, but I'm not certain if anyone here has a Digg account.

That would be great! Currently the Facebook page is linked to twitter, so everything that goes on Facebook a tweet is made with the same info. I'll share your articles as well as you know what to look for when posting them.

I do have a Digg account, haven't used it in a while. Never been a better time to start it up again though, right?

Opal Maiden
06-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I just read the twitter.

So the site has a G+ now?

And it already has 8 people that fast?

LOL.

Ambient-Symphony
06-15-2012, 10:02 PM
You are doing a most excellent job with the social sharing, Lindow.
*Reps*

As for me, I have been working on the site maps, link buildings, listings, etc.
It takes a lot of work, but we are all making great progress with stuff, and for that my happiness has made a major leap from 100% to 200%.

The site may not be as active as it once was long ago, but everyone is putting forth the effort to patch things up, and that is what matters most to me.

Whyt Lindow
06-15-2012, 10:32 PM
I wont back down with the effort. I'll see what else I can do to get us some attention.

Let's make this something great.

Ambient-Symphony
06-15-2012, 11:02 PM
"Never give up. Trust your instincts."
-James McCloud- (Star Fox 64)

Whyt Lindow
06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Never played an of the Starfox games.

Nice quote though.

Opal Maiden
06-17-2012, 01:07 AM
What about Digg, Tumblr and Reedit?

Ambient-Symphony
06-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Never played an of the Starfox games.

Nice quote though.
Haha, yes. The games are epic. Although, there were a few that weren't so great.
That is one of my most favorite quotes in the 64 game.

What about Digg, Tumblr and Reedit?
We can look into that.