The Lands of Anime and Gaming  

Go Back   The Lands of Anime and Gaming > The Lands of the Otaku > Anime
FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Credits: 5,035
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK
Default Key Appreciation Thread

[align=center]Since I like Key animations, I thought, " Why not make a group for the hell of it?".
So here it is!

If your a fan of the Key animations then post what you like here. Also news on re-releases of the Classic series.

I think I'll add pictures and Bio's. =)

[size=xx-small]Clannad's story revolves around Tomoya Okazaki, a third year high school student who dislikes his life. Tomoya's mother (Atsuko) died when Tomoya was young, leaving his father (Naoyuki) to raise him. After the accident, Tomoya's father turned to alcohol and gambling, and held frequent fights with his son. One day, Naoyuki, again arguing with his son, slammed Tomoya against the wall, dislocating Tomoya's shoulder. Ever since then, his father has treated Tomoya nicely, but distantly, as if Tomoya and he were strangers rather than a family. This hurts Tomoya more than his previous relationship with his father, and the awkwardness of returning home leads Tomoya constantly to stay out all night. Additionally, the injury disables Tomoya from participating in his basketball club, and pushes him to distance himself from his school and other activities. Thus his delinquent life begins. Tomoya's good friend Youhei Sunohara, who got thrown out of the soccer club for a dispute, is also a delinquent and often hangs out in his dorm room with Tomoya doing nothing much.
The story opens on Monday April 14, 2003 at the beginning of the school year, when Tomoya meets by chance Nagisa Furukawa, a soft-spoken girl one year older than him who is repeating her last year in high school due to being sick much of the previous year. Her goal is to join the drama club which she was unable to do due to her sickness, but they find that the drama club was disbanded after the few remaining members graduated. Since Tomoya has a lot of time to kill, he starts to help Nagisa in reforming the drama club. During this period, Tomoya meets and hangs out with several other girls who he gets to know well and help with their individual problems.[/size]

[size=xx-small]Kanon's story revolves around a group of five girls whose lives are connected to the same boy. Yuichi Aizawa is a second-year high school student who had visited the city where the story takes place seven years prior to Kanon's beginning. The story opens on Wednesday January 6, 1999 when Yuichi arrives in the city and is very detached from it and its inhabitants. Prior to his return, it is decided that he is to stay with his first cousin, Nayuki Minase, and her mother, Akiko. After his long absence, Yuichi has forgotten almost everything except minor details of what happened seven years before and is in need of being reminded of what he left behind. Nayuki initially tries repeatedly to jog his memory, but is unsuccessful. Throughout the story, as he learns about the supernatural undertones of the city, Yuichi is reminded of the events of seven years ago.
On the day after Yuichi's return, he is out with Nayuki who is showing him around city. Nayuki remembers that she has to buy things for dinner, but Yuichi is reluctant to go into the store with her, arguing that he might get lost. Moments after Nayuki leaves him waiting on the sidewalk, a strange girl named Ayu Tsukimiya collides with him with little warning. Upon recovering, she drags him away to a nearby caf? and confesses to inadvertently stealing a bag filled with taiyaki after being accidentally scared away by the salesman before she had a chance to pay. Yuichi drags Ayu back to the salesman, where they both apologize for the trouble, and Ayu is forgiven. They decide to meet up again another day and Ayu scampers off. A few days after he has been in the city, Yuichi is accosted by a girl named Makoto Sawatari who has lost her memories, though still remembers that she has a grudge against him from when he last visited the city. After she collapses in the street, he takes her home and learns about her situation. Akiko gives her permission to live with them for the time being, which is against Yuichi's plan to hand her over to the police.
Another girl who is connected to Yuichi's past is Mai Kawasumi who attends his high school as a third-year. She takes it upon herself to fight and defeat demons at night while the school is deserted.[9] Due to this, she is constantly blamed for accidents because she never denies them, being too sincere to say anything and knowing that no one will believe that there are demons in the school. Yuichi coincidentally meets a fifth girl named Shiori Misaka for the first time who he gets to know along with the other four heroines in the story. She has suffered from an unexplained affliction since birth which makes her weak to the point of missing school because of it. Yuichi starts to talk with her more after noticing her in the school courtyard one day. It turns out that Shiori stands outside on the school grounds nearly every day because she wants to meet someone dear to her.[/size]

[size=xx-small]Air's story revolves around three girls whose lives are connected to the same man. In the first story arc, Dream, Yukito Kunisaki is a showman traveling across Japan, continuing his late mother's search for the "girl in the sky". The story opens on Monday July 17, 2000 when Yukito comes across a small seaside town where the story takes place. On his first day in town, Yukito tries to earn money by putting on a mysterious puppet show where he manipulates a doll magically without strings for a small audience of kids passing by. Yukito is unsuccessful in gaining the children's favor, and the children leave without paying him for his performance. That night, Yukito sleeps on the town's seawall by the beach. Yukito collapses from heat stroke the next day and is taken to a nearby fisherman's guild; after he awakens, they feed him, and give him some very large rice balls to take with him as he is leaving. As he sits on the town's seawall eating one of the rice balls, he notices a young girl beside him who introduces herself as Misuzu Kamio?a sincere yet clumsy girl who is eager to become friends with him. Misuzu persistently attempts to play with him, while Yukito tries to refuse her efforts. He eventually follows her home lured by the chance to eat. After Haruko, Misuzu's aunt and foster mother, is persuaded, it is decided that he will stay with them for the time being.[/size]

Here is a complete list of Games and Anime developed under the Key label. I'll make this page look a little better on the eyes in the next few days when I have some time.

Games:
D?sei (Adult Content)
Moon (Adult Content)
One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e (Adult Content)
Kanon (Adult Content)
Air (Adult Content)
Clannad (PG 13)
Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume (Adult Content)
Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life (Spin off to Clannad Game) (Adult Content)
Little Busters! (PG 13)
Little Busters! Ecstasy (Adult Content)
Kud Wafter To be released in June 2010 (Spin off to Little Busters!) (Adult Content)
Rewrite
Angel Beasts!

Anime:
Kanon ? 2002
Kanon remake ? 2006
Kanon Kazahana - 2008
Air ? 2005
Air in Summer ? 2006
Clannad ? 2007
Clannad Afterstory - 2008
Angel Beasts! ? Released April 2010
[/align]
Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Kazekage Kamelot
Points: 15,466, Level: 16 Points: 15,466, Level: 16 Points: 15,466, Level: 16
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

Credits: 0
Kazekage Kamelot
Default RE: Key Appreciation Thread

Ok so why did you forget Saikano it belongs in the rag tag group XD!
Kazekage Kamelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69

Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazekage Kamelot
Ok so why did you forget Saikano it belongs in the rag tag group XD!
Saikano was more produced and not written so I just left it out...
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
Kazekage Kamelot

Kazekage Kamelot

ah ok guess that works then.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
Whyt Lindow

I might start posting large scale Key images in this board for those who wish to have them.

Kotomi:

I'm only posting this one for now.

Edit: The image quality has suffered from the scanning but I can easily edit the images to make them look perfect.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
AudriSampson
The Witch of Endless Posting
Points: 11,724, Level: 13 Points: 11,724, Level: 13 Points: 11,724, Level: 13

AudriSampson
Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson

*drool....
AudriSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #7
Kazekage Kamelot

Kazekage Kamelot

ok well if your going to do that lets not forget alot of their earlier releases. Key has been around for a while and has always taken hold of the Anime population with outstanding animes. Although i haev to say they really took the reigns with Clannad !

And redoing Kanon was fantastic. The took the ideas from the viewers and opinions and remade the entire season based on what their viewers wanted. They are a great organization.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:38 AM   #8
Mr. Anderson
Points: 7,405, Level: 9 Points: 7,405, Level: 9 Points: 7,405, Level: 9

Mr. Anderson

your missing alot of key animes, especially if your only listign the ones that made a HUGE benefit to their known company!
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
Kazekage Kamelot

Kazekage Kamelot

that was kind of my point Anderson XD!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
Whyt Lindow

I haven't missed any anime out.

I've only failed to include the visual novels and Games released by Key under Visual Arts.
If you have found a Key produced anime that I've missed then post it.
I'd like to know more about Key. =)