The Lands of Anime and Gaming  

Go Back   The Lands of Anime and Gaming > The Hot Spot > The Chatter Box
FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Skadi
Ragnorok Dismisser
Points: 10,945,525, Level: 69 Points: 10,945,525, Level: 69 Points: 10,945,525, Level: 69
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Credits: 241
Items User Title Style ChangeUser Title Change
My Mood: Worried
Skadi will become famous soon enough
Skadi's Flag is: Australia
Default Lets Get Digging! (a simple guide on Digg.com)

I use this site myself a heck of a lot, its fun, interesting and not to mention really cool as well. Surprisingly enough. I have never heard of this epic site before, until I first visited "anime & gaming" Does any other A&G members use this great little invention here, besides myself?

[size=large]What is Digg?[/size]

Digg is a place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, Digg surfaces the best stuff as voted on by our users. You won?t find editors at Digg ? we?re here to provide a place where people can collectively determine the value of content and we?re changing the way people consume information online.

How do we do this? Everything on Digg ? from news to videos to images ? is submitted by our community (that would be you). Once something is submitted, other people see it and Digg what they like best. If your submission rocks and receives enough Diggs, it is promoted to the front page for the millions of our visitors to see.

And it doesn?t stop there. Because Digg is all about sharing and discovery, there?s a conversation that happens around the content. We?re here to promote that conversation and provide tools for our community to discuss the topics that they?re passionate about. By looking at information through the lens of the collective community on Digg, you?ll always find something interesting and unique. We?re committed to giving every piece of content on the web an equal shot at being the next big thing.

[size=large]How Dig Works[/size]

Digg is democratizing digital media. As a user, you participate in determining all site content by discovering, selecting, sharing, and discussing the news, and videos that appeal to you.

[size=medium]Discover[/size]

Submit your favorites. Find an article, image, or video online and submit it to Digg.com. Your submission will immediately appear in ?Upcoming Stories,? where other members can find it and, if they like it, Digg it.

Become popular. Once a submission has earned a critical mass of Diggs, it becomes ?popular? and jumps to the homepage in its category. If it becomes one of the most popular, it qualifies as a ?Top 10?. If a submission doesn't receive enough Diggs within a certain time period, it eventually falls out of the ?Upcoming? section.

Discover media on Digg. Visit the ?Upcoming? section to discover recently added news, and videos. Track submissions as they come in with Swarm, Stack, Big Spy or Arc, our real-time Flash visualization tools in Digg Labs. Or use Spy to watch the titles and descriptions as they roll down the page.

Of course, you can always check the topic homepages to see what's newly popular. And you can subscribe to RSS feeds of particular topics, popular/upcoming sections, individual users, and the search terms of your choice.

[size=medium]Select[/size]

Digg. Participate in the collaborative editorial process by Digging the stuff that you like best. As you Digg, you contribute to the popularity of any given item. You also build a history of Digging that you or your friends can view.

Bury. If you find stories with bad links, off-topic content, or duplicate entries, click ?Bury.? That?s how we get the spam out of the system and let the good stuff rise to the top.

The system only works when users actively participate on a large scale, so make sure to do your part and Digg and Bury content that matters to you!

[size=medium]Share[/size]

Build a network. Invite your friends or find them on Digg and add them to your friends list. Then your friends can track what you?re Digging and you can see what they Digg as well, enabling you to collectively find news together.

Email. Send your friends (Diggers or non-Diggers) the stories that you Digg.

[size=medium]Discuss[/size]

Comment. Share your opinions by commenting on stories, images, and videos as well as Digging and Burying comments by other users.
Skadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69

Credits: 5,035
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK
Default RE: Lets Get Digging! (a simple guide on Digg.com)

I've used Digg a few times but I seem to loose track of things really easily and end up doing something else instead...
Although I must admit I have found a few useful sites with it, I might have a whiz on it now. =)

Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
Opal Maiden
The Goddess of Spamamity
Points: 1,505,937, Level: 69 Points: 1,505,937, Level: 69 Points: 1,505,937, Level: 69
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%

Credits: 5,192
My Mood: Sleepy
Opal Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutOpal Maiden has a spectacular aura about
Opal Maiden's Flag is: United States
Send a message via MSN to Opal Maiden

Gotta Digg as deep as you can.
Opal Maiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #4
Skadi
Ragnorok Dismisser
Points: 10,945,525, Level: 69 Points: 10,945,525, Level: 69 Points: 10,945,525, Level: 69

Credits: 241
Items User Title Style ChangeUser Title Change
My Mood: Worried
Skadi will become famous soon enough
Skadi's Flag is: Australia

Score! Nick uses the Digg! Oh that's no good..... T_T
I myself always use it and its vast knowledge of stuffs.

Made a few comments here and there, dug a few things
and even put up my own threads from this very site! O.o

I love to digg and all its awesomeness overall.
Its all good I say! Digg hard and Digg fast. ^o^

P.S. Nick you must give me your digg username and I'll adds ya yup yup!
Skadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69

Credits: 5,035
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK

I forgot to pop back here. =/
It's nicksmithy. Add me quick!

Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote