The Lands of Anime and Gaming  

Go Back   The Lands of Anime and Gaming > The Hot Spot > The Chatter Box

Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Yumeria
Administrator
Points: 512,785, Level: 60 Points: 512,785, Level: 60 Points: 512,785, Level: 60
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 36.4% Activity: 36.4% Activity: 36.4%

Credits: 12
Items Username Change
Yumeria is on a distinguished road
Default Can Men and Women Be Just Friends?

Inspired by this video:

Is it possible for men and women to remain "Just Friends" ^^?

I think it's possible, but it's also it may not be for the other.. Individual feelings, so it varies case by case ^^

I personally have guy friends who I only consider as friends, but I don't know if it's the same for them or more ^^
Old 02-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Credits: 5,035
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK

I'm a firm believer that it is possible, just as long as there is no attraction.
But if you think about it, can men and women really come together without some form of attraction to begin with?

Same sex friendships work in my case because we can share a common moment as we share a similar trait or just find the other interesting, plus we've known each other for years. We aren't even civil anymore, insults fly everywhere, but we can all have a good laugh about it. Personally I have a couple of female friends as well, we stay that way because I'm a very picky person and they don't suit my criteria, but I also know their tastes which aren't me, so it all works out.

Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Shadow
A pale shadow at dusk...
Points: 427,962, Level: 59 Points: 427,962, Level: 59 Points: 427,962, Level: 59
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

Credits: 0
Shadow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyt Lindow View Post
I'm a firm believer that it is possible, just as long as there is no mutualattraction.
Quoted because Whyt said pretty much what I was going to say, minus that one word.

I think that it is entirely possible for men and women to be just friends, but, like the video exposed with most of the people interviewed... most of the time 'just friends' is only in the mind of one party and not the other... in varying levels. XD

I found it more amusing that pretty much all of the women in that video said yes, while most of the men said no. Does that mean women are more inclined to being friends than men are?

Maybe it's a case of lacking mind over matter for the guys... or plain old naivety on the part of the women. lol
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69

Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough

Most men don't get to know a woman for innocent reasons and visa-versa.

Some women may say it's possible because they haven't realised that they've just friend zoned that guy who want's a piece of that ass. They could also be quite aware and are using the friend-zone to get what they want from said man, thus increasing personal gain.

Where as most men will disagree because the whole reason he got close to her was because he wanted that ass. If the friend-zone is presented he wont stick around to be played unless there is something really worth staying for.

Yeah, I know some of you wont agree with my opinion. This doesn't extend to everyone of course, you should have all seen men who play by the above rule and you should all at least know one woman who keep someone friend-zoned for personal gain.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:09 AM   #5
Whyt Lindow

Most men don't get to know a woman for innocent reasons and visa-versa.

Some women may say it's possible because they haven't realised that they've just friend zoned that guy who want's a piece of that ass. They could also be quite aware and are using the friend-zone to get what they want from said man, thus increasing personal gain.

Where as most men will disagree because the whole reason he got close to her was because he wanted that ass. If the friend-zone is presented he wont stick around to be played unless there is something really worth staying for.

Yeah, I know some of you wont agree with my opinion. This doesn't extend to everyone of course, you should have all seen men who play by the above rule and you should all at least know one woman who keep someone friend-zoned for personal gain.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Blitztech
DL Manager
Points: 303,139, Level: 59 Points: 303,139, Level: 59 Points: 303,139, Level: 59
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%

Credits: 482
My Mood: Cool
Blitztech will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyt Lindow View Post
But if you think about it, can men and women really come together without some form of attraction to begin with?
The answer to that, is yes, for what I believe. Quite a few of my female friends I have met just because I have bumped into them, or that we share the same friends.

It is possible for men and women to be just friends. I have female friends that I am just friends with, some single, in a relationship, and some married. The ones that are single feel the same way, that we are just friends, and nothing more, a feeling shared between both them and myself.

You don't need to be attracted to each other to just have fun and hangout with people of the opposite gender.

My other siggy\'s:

Blitztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Whyt Lindow

But that's when the major question of are they your friend, or just a friend of your friends?
Have you ever met someone who has no affiliation to other friends and still found that they can be just friends? How did you approach this person? There's usually a deciding factor.
I have a few female friends, who I met through others. I have no choice but to befriend them because they're always there. Not that I'm being forced into it but I usually wouldn't know these people unless they had not been introduced.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Blitztech
DL Manager
Points: 303,139, Level: 59 Points: 303,139, Level: 59 Points: 303,139, Level: 59
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%

Credits: 482
My Mood: Cool
Blitztech will become famous soon enough

Yes, they are my friends, for one of them is the sister of a friend of mine's friend, I actually met her playing World of Warcraft at first, she got to know me a little bit then, and one day coming back from work with my friend we managed to bump into her.
Ironic though, I was the complete opposite of how she was thinking I was....but these friends of friends of mine, are now my friends ever since I have met them. My friends were telling them about me, which made them curious about wanting to meet me some day. You know when you have met someone good, when you don't even know the guy, yet he pays for your lunch along with the rest of the group, that's what I did to them, and they knew right then that I was who they thought I was when my friends told them about me.

And meeting someone you don't even know, and make them a friend? Yep I have done that too, a few weeks into the school year of 7th grade (man that makes me feel old.....) I met one of my friends, just by sitting next to him and talking with him on the bus, we became friends that same day, and have been good friends ever since.

As long as you and everyone else has the same mindset, you can turn a complete stranger into a great friend, or even the friends of friends, just have to have the mindset to want to get to know them is all.

My other siggy\'s:

Blitztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Morgan le Faye
The Land of the Dragons
Points: 10,695, Level: 12 Points: 10,695, Level: 12 Points: 10,695, Level: 12

Credits: 56
My Mood: Asleep
Morgan le Faye is on a distinguished road
Morgan le Faye's Flag is: Great Britain

Sure, I manage it well.

And it definitely when one of them is asexual or gay~
Morgan le Faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #10
Hotspot
Points: 855, Level: 1 Points: 855, Level: 1 Points: 855, Level: 1
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

Credits: 111
My Mood: Lurking
Hotspot is on a distinguished road
Hotspot's Flag is: United States

Of course men and women can be friends! It really only differs per person, and sometimes if they are a different gender or a different sexuality; I find that I have more female friends than male, I don't know if that is because of my gender or sexuality or if it's just who I attract more as friends.

Last edited by Hotspot; 02-03-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Hotspot is offline   Reply With Quote