The Lands of Anime and Gaming  

Go Back   The Lands of Anime and Gaming > The Lands of the Otaku > Otaku Zone > Convention Corner

Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
Kazekage Kamelot
Points: 15,466, Level: 16 Points: 15,466, Level: 16 Points: 15,466, Level: 16
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Credits: 0
Kazekage Kamelot
Default Convention Saftey

Hi Guys, Welcome to the Anime Convention Center.

Soon I will be posting all the conventions I know in and Around your countries. I hope this information helps you and can get you to possibly go to one if you have never been to one before. However, Saftey is always key when going out into the world, especially for Females! at Conventions.

Few Basic Rules you should follow:

1) Try not to go alone, having friends makes the trip safer, and alot more fun to laugh with.

2) If you are going as a group, be sure that most of you are dressed from one anime, or at least have some kind of theme, for example, all bad guys, all good guys, all naruto, all bleach. Having one or two different ones is ok but seriously when you go as a group its best to dress the same anime or theme, because you can get more from the experience.

Alot of people wil compliment all of you one your success, and most conventions make prizes and gifts for groups that make a great effort. Its just a big bonus to do it :P!

3) Make sure if you are staying over night and not just visiting for the day, you get a Hotel close by *if the convention isnt in a hotel alread* but be sure to purchase the room before you go. Even the smallest of conventions can sell out the cheap rooms fast, leaving your dry and high without a room at cheap prices or without a room at all.

4) Also make sure you try to purchase the tickets for the convention before leaving. Usualy you can get them cheaper online, and if its a popular Convention you risk them being sold out when you get there.

5) Use the buddy system while at the convention, never wonder off alone. Anime fans are great people, but there is always one or two that you just do not know what they will do, so its best to be together. Conventions try their best to make a safe environment, but its better to take some steps to be safe yourself. Girls watch out for boys, and boys watch out for your enemy in costplay.

If you dress as Naruto and some idiot is in a Sasuke cosplay, you could have some real trouple. For some reason enemy cosplayers seem to feel the need to challenge you in Conventions. Some will come up and ask you for a dual, others will just attack without questions. So be warned!

Well thats enough about saftey, the rest is common sense. .

I will post all the places that hold conventions in the countries listed, as well as what time of year, how many days, and ticket costs. I will try my best to also list budget hotels close to the over night conventions.

You are welcome to post experiences and photos of any convention you attend.

Hope you like this section.

Kazekage
Kazekage Kamelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Credits: 5,035
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK
Default RE: Convention Saftey

A nice and friendly rules section. =)

If someone thought it would be laugh to attack or dual me because of what I'm wearing they'd be in for a serious arse kicking. Not that I'd be caught dead wearing anything Naruto or Bleach.
Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Kazekage Kamelot

Kazekage Kamelot

i wear naruto and bleach cosplay but its never what people would expect.

Couple years ago I was Shiki, and last year i was Toshiro.

I would never force myself to be the main characters XD!

Usually when i dress i go as Vash, hes alot of fun to role play :P and i love his jacket...

i also love to go as Diasuke Niwa or Dark-san
Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Credits: 5,035
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK

I have no idea who half those people are but, Nice!
I've got to say that I have never cosplayed, although I would fancy dabbling my hand in it sometime.
Maybe when theres a convention somewhere near my damn city.
Although I've no idea of what I'd even go as.
Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Kazekage Kamelot

Kazekage Kamelot

lol cosplay is alot of fun but conventions defidently make it even more fun.

Toshiro Hitsuguya - Black Captain of Team 12, Short, white hair, and ice zangpatsu.

Daisuke Niwa - Main Character from DN Angel, all the girls love him, hes cute as hell, and the most innocent character in the entire anime world. The three episodes where he falls in love with the other sister, are just pure romance ;P.

Dark-San - The other half of Daisuke Niwa, the Demon Angel *with black wings* that runs through Daisuke's Blood line. Dark is responsible for keeping the earth safe from Krad. *note Krad has White Wings and is the evil Angel with his name being Dark spelled backwards, and Dark is the Black winged angel ment to save humanity* typical Ying Yang.

Shiki - Stands for Shikimaru, the shadow power user, and brains behind any Naruto Missions.

Vash the Stampede - Trigun Star Vash wears a long red overcoat with a fuck ton of buttons, and has the baddest fucking gun in any anime. His Right Arm. Weapon is well known for leaving NOTHING left! Although Vash hates to use it and only does when he looses complete control of a difficult situation *witch doesnt happen often*. He is very silly and loves to pull pranks on his fell comrades :P. GO VASH! He also has a bad ass pair of sunglasses.

I choose to dress as these characters because each one of them relates to my personality in some way . I can feel like my true self when pretending to be them.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
AudriSampson
The Witch of Endless Posting
Points: 11,724, Level: 13 Points: 11,724, Level: 13 Points: 11,724, Level: 13

AudriSampson
Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson

Ive cosplayed a few times but the costumes were never good enough to merit any real attention or fun.. This year at ACEN thats all going to change with my group doing Umineko No Naku Koro Ni..

Good job on the rules.. that pretty much covers it all
AudriSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
Kazekage Kamelot

Kazekage Kamelot

Thanks Audri :P, i wont be able to make any US Conventions this year, im working in China XD!. But typically i sew my own cosplay outfits because the ones you get off the internet are never big enough, and to be honest most of them are cheap halloween costumes, they suck royal ass.

I usually get a shit load of compliments for my outfits because they are so detailed and dont have that cheap look to them . The best outfit i ever created was Link's with his Green Tunic. I had alot of fun making that one :P!