Thread: Help me decide
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #1
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Credits: 0
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK
Default Help me decide

I'm currently on an IT apprenticeship for 5 months, I get 7 certifications 4 of those being vendor qualifications. These would include the; MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional), MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator), CompTIA A+ & N+, plus three employability certifications.

The place where I'm attending the course tends to get people into call centres as first line support, but that doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form. So I was thinking, should I go to uni after or maybe take a gap year and try and get some part time work in a small business' tech department?
I cant really decide myself since both options are a bit vague. The main problem is that I don't really want to work myself to death, I know my way around a computer like the layout of my house, since I like doing all the diagnostics and shiz and then whipping it open. I'm just not sure the course I'm on will want to give that in the end so that's why I'm questioning the path I want to take when I finish.
Haha, it might seem like a waste of good qualifications if I don't at least try and use them but that doesn't really matter to me, I'd rather work and be happy with what I'm doing than be depressed and rich.

Opinions anyone?
Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote