Old 04-02-2010, 02:46 AM   #15
Kazekage Kamelot
Points: 15,466, Level: 16 Points: 15,466, Level: 16 Points: 15,466, Level: 16
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Credits: 0
Kazekage Kamelot
Default RE: Clannad Dub

i hate dubs for one simple reason. not because of what people said or because they i dont like to hear english voices.

I hate it because i beleive that the true story can only be pertraid by the origional artists. Do you have any idea the process they go through to pick the voice actors for each anime chatacter? There is a HUGE screening process that takes months. On top of that if the person irl is nothing like the character they wish to pertray 90% of the time that person wont get the part even if they are the perfect voice for them.

The Japanese also use alot of audio equipment to voice effect certain things and keep it going with the dreams. When the dub and use english voice actors all they do is hand some random person a script and say.. read this as if you where there. Half of them do an ok job with the emotion and acting, but the other half just dont care enough and just read the script. Fucking it up for everyone.

Now if we had like 30 voice actors exactly like Robin Williams then sure dubs would be fantastic, but in todays world people just dont care about their work like good old Mr. Williams :P!
Kazekage Kamelot is offline   Reply With Quote