View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Whyt Lindow
Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69 Points: 2,526,446, Level: 69
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Credits: 0
Items Username ChangeUser Name Style Change
My Mood: Cheerful
Whyt Lindow will become famous soon enoughWhyt Lindow will become famous soon enough
Whyt Lindow's Flag is: UK
Default The war on online manga.

Well, I've been doing a bit of research on it today and I thought I'd post about it here.

OneManga is due for closure on the 31 of this month after mounting pressure from American and Japanese manga publishers. Also MangaToshokan has been hit with the same problems but will still remain online.

Although OneManga is shutting down its online manga reading capabilities it will be keeping it forum open for it members. (Although I don't see the Benifit)

With building pressure on webistes that offer people the ability to get their manga fix for free, it could seem like a drawing end to free online manga.

Read this for more info:
http://manga.about.com/b/2010/06/09/u-s-japan-manga-publishers-band-together-to-stop-scanlation-sites.htm

----------------------------

I've personally never seen a problem with online Manga. In a logical sense I see why the publishers have tried to crack down on it, since the sales on manga/comics have been dropping over the years.

But in a more personal sense, it is more beneficial for them to keep these sites open as it exposes many new and old series which if we relied on our local shops and online buying we wouldn't be exposed to. As most of you should know when you go to your local comic shop the range they have is usually small and will cover only the bigger names in the Manga world such as One Piece, Bleach and Naruto (Well this is the case for mine) and online buying is more of a precise market as you have to know what you want to buy/ (Although Amazon is quite good for suggesting different Manga just by looking at what you looked at and bought.)

So, I'd like to hear some other peoples views on these matters.

There's a poll at the top which you will have noticed.
Whyt Lindow is offline   Reply With Quote