The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   The News Station (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Facebook, Twitter and the Blog (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634)

Whyt Lindow 06-04-2012 05:45 PM

Facebook, Twitter and the Blog

Hi guys!

I've been using a bit of my time today setting up the new Facebook page.
I've had a look at our Twitter account as well and I'll be keeping the blog up to date on the forum but I'll also be using it to review latest anime episodes/series/seasons eventually.

I'd would really appreciate it if people would be willing to join the Facebook page and/or follow our twitter account.

One problem I am having is that I have no idea what to do with the Twitter account. Since the forum doesn't have as much activity as some, I'm not sure how the twitter account is going to work. I can keep it as purely TLOAG, stating general statistics and announcements but I'd like to know what some of you think on the idea. I'm open to other ideas as well of course.

I'd also like to know if any one would like to contribute to the graphics on any of the sites. The Blog and Twitter graphics are all simple edits what I did some time back, the Facebook main image is something I got frustrated with and left as it is. I'd like the keep the sites largely neutral if that's alright.

For those who don't know the links:

Facebook

Twitter

Blog

Opal Maiden 06-05-2012 05:45 AM

I thought the site already had a facebook.

Whyt Lindow 06-05-2012 11:20 AM

I've set up a new Facebook account as the old one was linked to my personal account and was if anything, kinda messy.

The new one looks better and I can post as The Lands of Anime and Gaming instead of my own personal account.

Starlight 06-05-2012 03:55 PM

I can start working on graphics again, since I've realized that I don't need photoshop and can use the free alternative GIMP.
Took me a couple of weeks to think about that.

Ambient-Symphony 06-06-2012 01:49 AM

Haha, epic bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starlight (Post 23632)
I can start working on graphics again, since I've realized that I don't need photoshop and can use the free alternative GIMP.
Took me a couple of weeks to think about that.

I remember GIMP being the first program I started with in graphics.
The layout is very simple and easy to learn for beginners. However, the tools are limited and do not provide a slew of options.
I am really looking forward to your latest works. :)

Whyt Lindow 06-06-2012 09:43 AM

Lets get this started!

With he Facebook page I can add some people as staff members of the page, it'll let you do some editing and posting if anyone wants to be added.

[MENTION=248]Starlight[/MENTION] Have you eyed on anything that you wanna start with?

Ambient-Symphony 06-06-2012 03:33 PM

Amazing work, Lindow.
I am actually working on a project of my own for the Homepage. :cheers:
Haha, it looks like we are all going to be busy with stuff here. XD

Whyt Lindow 06-07-2012 06:38 AM

Ooooo~
[MENTION=1]LD-Skipper[/MENTION], I'm looking forward to what your gonna roll out!

Opal Maiden 06-07-2012 08:07 AM

I already know what it is since he told me before.

Ambient-Symphony 06-07-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyt Lindow (Post 23652)
Ooooo~
[MENTION=1]LD-Skipper[/MENTION], I'm looking forward to what your gonna roll out!

Haha, it is actually halfway complete.
Although, there are a few minor adjustments that are holding me back. XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrescentOfLight (Post 23653)
I already know what it is since he told me before.

Ah, yes. I remember.
I sent you a text.