The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Elfen Lied (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1713)

Kik 08-23-2012 01:23 PM

Elfen Lied

Is this any good? I randomly decided to watch two episodes of it last night because I kept hearing about it. Seems okay though so far - really gruesome and gory but I don't mind that haha. I'm just wondering if it's worth the watch?

Whyt Lindow 08-23-2012 03:08 PM

It is most certainly worth a watch!

I watched it couple of months back after finally hearing enough about that I wanted to watch it. The story is quality considering how much gore (excellent) and unnecessary boob there is.

Kik 08-23-2012 09:55 PM

Glad I took your advice :P I ended up watching the rest of it and it's a pretty good show! I agree about your other points too xD

Opal Maiden 08-24-2012 05:13 PM

Bloody shows and games are one thing for me but Elfen Lied seemed like it went a bit too far with it.

I couldn't take most of the scenes.

*is sad*

Kik 08-24-2012 08:33 PM

It was definitely pretty brutal. There was some really shocking scenes like when Kouta's younger sister and father were killed (didn't expect them to show that, especially his younger sister) or when Shirakawa was killed (didn't see it coming at all). And the puppy =[ I'm glad they didn't show it but the scene overall was pretty gruesome.

Whyt Lindow 08-24-2012 10:04 PM

I quite liked the display of gore, it made it all the more "real".

Usually you wouldn't know why a character is like they are until they show you flashbacks that are missing the important details that Elfen Lied showed you.

Elfen Lied really played on the trauma that various characters went through without sparing you the gruesome scenes. I quite like it when the sugar coating isn't there, it means you can really enjoy the filling.

Opal Maiden 08-26-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kik (Post 25006)
It was definitely pretty brutal. There was some really shocking scenes like when Kouta's younger sister and father were killed (didn't expect them to show that, especially his younger sister) or when Shirakawa was killed (didn't see it coming at all). And the puppy =[ I'm glad they didn't show it but the scene overall was pretty gruesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyt Lindow (Post 25008)
I quite liked the display of gore, it made it all the more "real".

Usually you wouldn't know why a character is like they are until they show you flashbacks that are missing the important details that Elfen Lied showed you.

Elfen Lied really played on the trauma that various characters went through without sparing you the gruesome scenes. I quite like it when the sugar coating isn't there, it means you can really enjoy the filling.

The slaughtering wasn't the worst.

But it was definitely something that freaked the hell out of me.

LOL.

I'm glad they didn't show the puppy too.

Whyt Lindow 08-30-2012 11:54 AM

They probably didn't show the puppy because from perspective, Lucy never saw the puppy getting beaten herself. It was behind the table even in her view.

I really wanna watch it again now.

Kik 08-31-2012 02:02 AM

Yes, I'm really glad they did it that way instead =p It was still horrible to watch even though you couldn't see it directly... =[

Whyt Lindow 08-31-2012 01:32 PM

It did bring a lot of realism to the table though.
It might have been a distressing scene for some but the real world doesn't have a rose coloured tint either.