The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Chatter Box (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Discussion: "Whats going on with you?" (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278)

Whyt Lindow 03-10-2010 05:27 PM

Discussion: "Whats going on with you?"

A simple thread about your daily habits, anything fun you've done whilst out. It could be about life and how great it's going, or whether your having a bad stretch and just want to share.

I'll start:

Well I woke up at the usual time of 11am, My sleep pattern dictates that I cant sleep until 4am So that explains the late wake up. At about half one in the afternoon I went into the city center, nothing much to see, I've seen it too many times in my life I dont even care to notice new things anymore. Well anyway, the whole trip into town was to go to the Job centre, unfortunately they didn't have any jobs that drew in my attention (IT by the way) so that was a basic flop. Oh well, I dont mind, more opportunities will come along, it's only a matter of time.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-11-2010 12:39 AM

RE: Discussion: "Whats going on with you?"

Well I work from 4 am to about 10 pm, so most of my day is spent going in and out of meetings, checking on our stores, baking and cooking things, watching the employees in the kitchen to make sure they are doing their jobs, tasting the products, and finally checking everything they make before it goes to the store. A few times a day I get a nice 30-50 minutes at my laptop on my desk to work on recipes, witch allow me to check the news online, and do my work at the same time. And now I reply to these forums as well :).

AudriSampson 03-11-2010 02:17 AM

well my day starts when I go to work from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Thats when I post the most.. After leaving my job I show up at my anime and gaming store and stay till fairly late. Its a fun hobby filled life but it does seem to repeat itself often.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-11-2010 03:41 AM

haha sounds like me when i was in High School

Nykira 03-11-2010 04:36 AM

Well my day starts at 7 am when my ma wakes me up then me go to school from 8:30am till 3:20, then me gets home, me go on here, watch some anime or read manga, if it's mon or wens I do karate from 7pm till 9pm, sometimes there's karate training on saturday, that's it mainly^^

Kazekage Kamelot 03-11-2010 05:11 AM

What level belt do you have? Do you like the drills? Maybe one day I can spare with you XD!

As for school, enjoy it while it lasts, life will never be so simple again XD!

Nykira 03-11-2010 06:11 AM

I was to belts from black but I quit and I've come back to a different stlye of karate, and I've only been doing this one for around 5-6 mounths so I'm white blue bar, my next grading on the 20th so I hopefully be blue belt soon^^
me like sparring ppls it's lots of fun^^ except when sparring sensei, fun till kicks u in the face, then it's fun again^^

yea schools a pain but it's smiple enough I guess other then it's a pain

Kazekage Kamelot 03-11-2010 06:33 AM

I never got the red bar on my black, just didnt have time for it. And I did four forms of Marshal Arts over the years. I love the drills, and sparing is just great fun. But its more about patients and guidence then anything else. One of these days well have to have a good spar :)

1) Aikido
2) Hapkido
3) Tae Kwon Do
4) And Kendo

Living in different Asian countries for a few years at a time at different parts in my life has defidently aided me in my Marshal Arts Trainings, however I am defidently out of practice on my Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido, Aikido and Kendo I practice as often as I can, I liked them the most out of the four.

Nykira 03-11-2010 06:46 AM

Well that's all koolies, drills are greats^^ well I've never been to any Asian countries always wanted to but I'm been stuck in Australia for my whole life so far,
wow ur black belt that's sooo koolies kaka me wants be a black belt but it's gonna take a long time but I'll get there^^

Kazekage Kamelot 03-11-2010 07:00 AM

The belt isnt imporant, ive seen white belts defeat a black belt because the black belt had no patients *stupid americans* Hahaha.
:)

Nykira 03-11-2010 07:04 AM

Hehe lol I know but I see ppl who are black belts very important, I look up to them because they put so much hard work into getting there, I wanna be looked up to as well, and be proud to be a black belt after all the training and hard work just like they are^^

Kazekage Kamelot 03-11-2010 07:21 AM

True, it is a good feeling to be looked up at :). Although you are usually FEARED if your black with red banner. I am not sure what it means in Australian Dojo, but in most of Asia in order to get that red banner over the black belt you have to surpass your sensei.

CrescentOfLight 03-12-2010 02:22 AM

What's going on peeps?

Kazekage Kamelot 03-12-2010 02:45 AM

Didnt ya read what we said was going on? and you should include in your next msg whats going on with yourself, stop being all mysterious. :P

*throws marshymellow*

CrescentOfLight 03-12-2010 02:57 AM

Yeah.

I have.

I'm a mysterious being.

*Opens mouth and eats marshymellow*

Kazekage Kamelot 03-12-2010 03:17 AM

SPEAK TO ME OH MYSTERIOUS BEING, OR THE BUNNY GETS IT!!!!

*points to avatar*

CrescentOfLight 03-12-2010 03:21 AM

It's too late.

He already got it.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-12-2010 05:00 AM

Twice... thats because you avoided it too long. XD!

Whyt Lindow 03-13-2010 04:28 PM

Ah so far a plain day, went out to a friends house for a couple of hours.
Talked a bit, then talked some more.
Watched skins.
Quite boring if you ask me though.
Ah well it might get better tonight since I'm going to my uncles for the weekend, I get plenty of time online and plenty of downloading to get done.
Oh and a large selection of things to watch.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-14-2010 01:50 AM

had an interesting night, my boss invited me out for drinks, and it turned into who could drink the most... asians cannot hold their liquor XD! 10 glasses of random drinks later he was ready to puke, and i was just getting buzzed XD!

Carried him to his home, and came back to my room and watched American Pie. :P

Whyt Lindow 03-14-2010 04:38 AM

Sound like a great night, Its been a clean week since I last got plastered...
I also wanna drink with an Asian, I'll drink him far, far under the table.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-14-2010 05:00 AM

yea 10 cups of w/e isnt even enough for me to get buzzed. I keep telling them getting me drunk is like impossible, my heritage doesnt allow it.

My heritage is famous for 2 things, drinking, and fighting each other.

I am Scottish, Irish, Polish, and German.

Whyt Lindow 03-14-2010 05:08 AM

Thats quite a mix there, not surprised you dont get plastered easy haha!

Kazekage Kamelot 03-14-2010 07:43 AM

yea it has two effects,

1) VERY difficult to get drunk

2) Love the expensive shit!

AudriSampson 03-15-2010 03:04 PM

Well Ive been trying to recover from the house fire the last couple of days and unfortunetly hasnt been on much..

Kazekage Kamelot 03-16-2010 12:57 AM

house fire? everything ok?

CrescentOfLight 03-16-2010 01:32 AM

That sucks.
I hope it wasn't too bad Audri.

Nykira 03-16-2010 02:22 AM

Awww hope it's not to bad and that it gets all fixity ups

AudriSampson 03-16-2010 02:19 PM

Well if it was anime related I lost it, however myself and roomate came out safe.

Nykira 03-16-2010 08:52 PM

Awwww u poor things does that mean ya lost everything???, well at least ur alive that's the main thing right?????

Sekirei_Lord 03-16-2010 10:56 PM

That's very horrifying.
I am happy to hear that you guys are okay.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-17-2010 12:27 AM

did you have insurence? or if your in college did the school have insurence on the room?

if not there are government organizations you can contact about the fire, and they will help you get back on your feet. They will aid you in getting some of the things you lost back. *things that are easy to replace, no so much photos and memorandoms that were destroyed* Hope it helps.

Whyt Lindow 03-17-2010 01:54 PM

Thats got to be guttering, not just loosing your home but the majority of your possessions as well.
Any idea on how it started?

AudriSampson 03-17-2010 02:53 PM

So far Im doing fairly well.

We found out the that the fire was started in the attic area and slowly brewed until it traveled into my room and found all the great firestarters like RTA furnature and Magic the Gathering cards LOL.

Our insurance company is taking care of us soooo well!! So basically were covered on our needs :)

CrescentOfLight 03-17-2010 04:56 PM

It's good to see everything is covered for you.

AudriSampson 03-17-2010 04:58 PM

Yup :) Its going to be hard to replace alot of my anime collectibles but Ill manage :)

Kazekage Kamelot 03-18-2010 12:59 AM

well let me know what you lost, I am in China atm, and to buy anime collectables here is VERY Cheap, i will aid you the best i can in getting your items back :).

The only difference will be they will have a chinese tag instead of an english one XD!

AudriSampson 03-18-2010 02:00 AM

Cool beans!! I might be taking you up on that offer!!

Ill be looking for anything Higurashi/Umineko paticularly the Sonozaki twins, Eva Beatrice, Ange and Stakes of Purgatory.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-18-2010 03:49 AM

not a problem, i have some time off in 3 weeks *sorry it cant be sooner were opening new stores* and htere is an Entire Anime Street on the other side of town, i will take my camera, snap some photos and post them here for you, you can pick and choose what you want, give me a po box or if you do not care your address and ill send them asap. :).

Whyt Lindow 03-18-2010 09:38 AM

Kazekage, you're a good 'un!

Kaze, would you be willing to indulge us with a little more information on business?
It does sound quite interesting.