The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   One Piece (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Favorite Character(s) (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1301)

Envy 03-24-2010 01:09 AM

Favorite Character(s)

How can the subforum for this wonderful anime/manga be so inactive? :(

My favorite character is most certainly Luffy, although I really like all of the Straw Hats. Especially Usopp, Sanji, and Brooke.

Luffy is just an amazing character, taking all of the good aspects from the Shounen protagonist archetype and leaving out all of the annoying ones.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-24-2010 01:37 AM

RE: Favorite Character(s)

I agree Luffy is my favorite character from One Peice, but to be honest this anime is not even in my top 100. It was a great anime, and fun to watch, but personally i find alot of other animes just out number it so easily :). That is why i have not posted here yet :)!

Envy 03-24-2010 02:30 AM

Well, that's your opinion, and that's totally fine!

Glad you don't hold it rudely like so many others do. Sometimes I need quite a lot of convincing to realize that not everybody who dislikes One Piece dislikes it due to ignorance and close-mindedness. (Meaning that for various reasons they never gave it a chance.)

All of the One Piece "haters" I see are either diehard Naruto/Bleach fans who haven't really watched/read it, or Shounen hating elitists who completely dismissed it due to the demographic its aimed at.

So you have to understand, to see somebody that genuinely dislikes it, surprises me. lol

Kazekage Kamelot 03-24-2010 04:41 AM

LOL well im not known as the anime legend for nothing XD! like i said before ill watch anything even if i hate it all the way through. That way i can at least commnet properly on it. And to be honest, in over 20 years of watching anime, i can only think of 2 animes that never made it to my collection.

Narutaro, and Blood +.

Narutaro was just way to fucked up, they changed the sotry 3 times, and when it finally got interesting it ended, so i was not happpy with that, plus if you ask me it was border line rape, XD!

Blood + really pissed me off how they were taking things from other famous Vampire animes, and twisting them to try and make it their own. They failed big time.

Envy 03-24-2010 04:49 AM

Well, that is a very respectable thing.

Trust me, seeing people judge something that they haven't really even watched/read/whatever it gets on my last nerve. Even if I don't really care for it myself or haven't watched/read/whatever myself.

You never know what you'll miss out on when you close your mind like that.

More people like you should exist. lol.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-24-2010 07:47 AM

heh well im old and wise, and wtf am i saying, im just me :P. If people were more like me, then i would not be me, and thats how the world just is :P!

blooman 03-24-2010 11:18 PM

I'm a young idiot:D

Also zoro is my fav char because he's always calm and cool

Kazekage Kamelot 03-24-2010 11:51 PM

zoro is pretty laid back and awsome but personally loofy's streach just beats him no questions :P!

Envy 03-25-2010 01:57 AM

But what happened to judging characters by personality? =P

Zoro really showed that he was a great character (with character development!) in post Thriller Bark with Kuma. Not among my top favorite One Piece characters, but gosh One Piece is full of great characters IMO.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-25-2010 02:04 AM

well one thing for sure was the One Peice never had that one character that was completely usless *cough ORHIME* *cough!* so all the characters were great in their own right, but personally the way loofy is and with his power, he was just awsome :P!

Mr. Anderson 03-25-2010 06:15 AM

I knew youd claim loofy kaze... so typical of you. my favorite one was Zoro. hes more like me!

Kazekage Kamelot 03-25-2010 10:49 AM

you know nothing ;P!

AudriSampson 03-25-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Envy
All of the One Piece "haters" I see are either diehard Naruto/Bleach fans who haven't really watched/read it, or Shounen hating elitistswho completely dismissed it due to the demographic its aimed at.

Sorry to quote something so far back, but since Im sure youve read my post on Funi.. Was that a shot at me?

Envy 03-25-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudriSampson
Sorry to quote something so far back, but since Im sure youve read my post on Funi.. Was that a shot at me?

No, not really. If you are one of them I probably have read it, but you would be among tons and tons of others.

Kazekage Kamelot 03-26-2010 01:44 AM

dont worri audri no one here hates you :P!

AudriSampson 03-26-2010 02:58 PM

Oh I know Kazekage, Im just known for not being a huge fan of Shonen anime :)

Kazekage Kamelot 03-26-2010 03:16 PM

hehehe, well like i said im not a huge fan.

Envy 03-26-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudriSampson
Oh I know Kazekage, Im just known for not being a huge fan of Shonen anime :)

The people I have problems with are the people that constantly bash the genre/demographic, and for some reason think that they are experts on every single title within it, even though they have obviously not seen it all.

They think that they have the right to judge and hate on every single title that's Shounen just after they've seen a few.

It sounds like they'd be trolls, but I swear that some of them are dead serious. They instantly label the Big 3 (One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach) as "trash" and the "worst titles ever".

They can dislike them all they want, really... But to claim that they are the worst thing ever is just a tad absurd. And I seriously doubt too many of these people have even given the titles a chance. If they haven't that's fine and their choice, but to go around acting like they know everything about them and act like they actually have a real opinion is just ridiculous.

I can't help like feeling that a lot of these people are just listening to other people's opinions and taking them for themselves. And that is what annoys me. I understand how it happens, it's happened to me, but now I'm desperately trying to avoid such "assumed" opinions.

I mean seriously, if I would have listened to other people's opinions of One Piece and not given it a chance I would have been missing out on something which would have brought about a great deal of entertainment, and that would be sad.

I'm sorry, I'm just annoyed with this. You could say that it's because I like One Piece. But seriously I'll defend Bleach and Naruto from these kind of people even. I'm not a big fan of either series, but blind hatred is bad for anything. It's come to the point where I'll defend pretty much anything that gets a lot of hatred that I don't feel is 'real'.

If you don't like the Shounen you've seen there's nothing wrong with that, but that's a moment where you just think "Maybe it's not for me.", or better yet "I just haven't seen anything all of that appealing yet.", but trust me labeling an entire genre "trash" isn't going to get anybody anywhere. Especially not yourself.

(And I'm not saying that you do this. I don't remember your posts, so I don't know. lol)

I'm just saying this because I used to be there, and it really did temporarily keep me from enjoying several things that I would have otherwise. The mind is a powerful thing, and if we want to convince ourselves that something is bad, it definitely will seem that way to us. There are flaws in everything, if you're looking for them, they will always be there to find.

We can't choose the things that will greatly appeal to us, but I do believe that oftentimes whether we hate something or not is strongly influenced by how we set our minds going into it.

Although all of this may sound naive, I know that is quite often the truth. And I know that hating a genre in its entirety is not ever a good thing.

Also I'd be shocked if anybody actually reads all of that. xD

Kazekage Kamelot 03-27-2010 12:44 AM

lol well i can tell they piss you off XD!. ignore em why care about what others think about it, its the way you see it that matters, let em spill their bull shit and move on who cares ;P!

Mr. Anderson 04-07-2010 04:46 AM

naa im with Kaze on this one. It defidently doesnt even scream in my top 100 but its still a decent anime ;P!

MatiUciha 05-09-2010 03:00 AM

Ace is awesome, enough said!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-10-2010 01:01 AM

lol i would have pegged you for a loofy fan for sure :P but oh well i guess i was wrong :)!

MatiUciha 05-10-2010 07:53 AM

Has anyone seen when Ace shoots fire out his fingertips, sweeet!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-11-2010 02:05 AM

yea yea it was nice ;P!

MatiUciha 05-11-2010 09:57 AM

Lol imagine if Luffy could Turn himself into a rubber band

Kazekage Kamelot 05-12-2010 02:30 AM

what you talking about he is a rubber band.!

MatiUciha 05-12-2010 11:34 AM

but like, so he could make a huge slingshot thing........ I just got this picture in my head.

Skadi 05-12-2010 10:25 PM

I'm going to say Konata Izumi She so flyeth! hehe
Plus she is like the female version of me to the T,
so that in itself rewards her with even more kudos from the Kawaii King!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-13-2010 01:45 AM

so your used in more hentai imgs then any other male character in the world.

mm ok your just like her then :P!

Skadi 05-13-2010 02:32 AM

@ Kaze: Damn Straight and I'm tonnes good at it too!
The actual hentai of lucky star is pretty bleedin' sweet actually. *sus look*

Kazekage Kamelot 05-14-2010 01:55 AM

hahaha i saw that kind of response coming ;p!

Skadi 05-14-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazekage Kamelot
hahaha i saw that kind of response coming ;p!

I'm predictable, yet still LOL worthy! :D
You can't help but love ~The Kawaii King~ for that nyo! :heart:

Kazekage Kamelot 05-15-2010 02:28 AM

you have a bigger ego then i do and im a fucking chef -.-

*stabs Kawaii King*

Ooooo Blood 0.0.. *whispers* Kawaiii.....

Skadi 05-15-2010 05:30 AM

"Arghhhhhh I have been shankted by the Iron Chef Bobby Flay......."

I don't bleed blood.... Only lollies, cakie and cookies
spew forth from my viens! Yummers!

OT: I also like this girl nyo!

Tsuruya-Chan!!!!! <3<3<3

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uszkoy.jpg

P.S. What can I say, I am an inspiration to the comman man, woman and child!
= I is a very big wanker ROFLMBAO!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-15-2010 06:13 AM

first off all if you choose to cal me an iron chef it better be Micheal Simon or even Betalli would be acceptable. Bobby Flay is a fucking flake, the guy is a moron an donly bbqs everyhting he makes -.-.

second of all i agree the girl is cute. I know the game she is from too. :P!.

as for your blood... good i like sweet blood it tastes better.

Skadi 05-15-2010 08:49 AM

Hehe I reckon Flays all right. But I call you Micheal Simon.
His an awesome sauce chef and always so cheerful too! ^o^

[size=xx-large]O.o....... STAY AWAY FROM ME NYO!!!!!!
YOU AIN'T TOUCHING MY BLOOD.......[/size]

Here's another one of my fab girlies I love nyu!

Karen Onodera

Kazekage Kamelot 05-16-2010 01:17 AM

ive met all the iron chefs at my college, bobby flay is a moron. Chef Micheal Simon is from my hometown *Cleveland* and he has 3 restaurants there, ive met and worked with him hes a damn smart mother fucker :P.

Betalli is funny as hell and always makes great italian food. :P, and morimoto is short witch i didnt see comming -.-!.

no worreis im AB - blood type that means 3 things.

1) Very Sweet
2) Not much iron at all
3) Hard to heal, the blood with low iron will take longer to heal cuts and bruises.

so i dont need your blood i have enough of my own... but your soul thats a different story :)!

Skadi 05-16-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

ive met all the iron chefs at my college, bobby flay is a moron. Chef Micheal Simon is from my hometown *Cleveland* and he has 3 restaurants there, ive met and worked with him hes a damn smart mother fucker :P.

Betalli is funny as hell and always makes great italian food. :P, and morimoto is short witch i didnt see comming -.-!.

You've actually met all the iron chefs..... Oh.....my.....god......
you're so LUCKY!!!!!! I am so jealous of you right now dude. :argh:

Clevelands a rockin' place! Glad you live there and not hawaii
or alaska...... "The freak states"

Quote:

no worreis im AB - blood type that means 3 things.

1) Very Sweet
2) Not much iron at all
3) Hard to heal, the blood with low iron will take longer to heal cuts and bruises.

so i dont need your blood i have enough of my own... but your soul thats a different story :)!

Cool cookies! I'm like K+++ (kawaii blood) so I have everything awesome in me! I am super moe godlike entity! ^o^

Soul hey? Nah its off limits to people that like disturbed..... Sorries!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-16-2010 10:02 AM

hahaha smart ass *about the disturbed coment and your soul*

Regardless it will be mine ;P!..

AS for my home my folks live in Cleveland and i went to highschool for my senior year there.

I then went to College at the CIA witch is the best culinary school in the world, and we always had famous chefs come to speak and teach us. Most of them offer us jobs.

For example 2007 i spent 9 months in Las Vegas working under Wolf Gangpuch, 2008 i spent 3 months at Batalli's Restaurant in NY working under him, and i shadowed Mike Simon for 3 weeks when i was at home last time :).

Its alot of fun to watch those guys work. I may not be famous in the USA like they are but im HUGE here in China. Im on tv, have magazines, have articles, always get pictures with the CHinese VIPs and Actors/actresses and signers and w/e XD!! The chinese people think im like the newest hot thing for some reason, not really sure why -.-@!

Skadi 05-16-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

hahaha smart ass *about the disturbed coment and your soul*

Yeah you got your ka-muffins and liked it didn't you! :D

Quote:

AS for my home my folks live in Cleveland and i went to highschool for my senior year there.

I then went to College at the CIA witch is the best culinary school in the world, and we always had famous chefs come to speak and teach us. Most of them offer us jobs.

For example 2007 i spent 9 months in Las Vegas working under Wolf Gangpuch, 2008 i spent 3 months at Batalli's Restaurant in NY working under him, and i shadowed Mike Simon for 3 weeks when i was at home last time :).

Its alot of fun to watch those guys work. I may not be famous in the USA like they are but im HUGE here in China. Im on tv, have magazines, have articles, always get pictures with the CHinese VIPs and Actors/actresses and signers and w/e XD!! The chinese people think im like the newest hot thing for some reason, not really sure why -.-@!

That sounds so awesome sauce, you must get paid bunchies of monies right? a.k.a. you're rolling in it and are filthy rich! >.<

So much work placement and exp, its great to see you've been places mate! ^o^ Working under Micheal Simon would have been super rad I reckon! :heart:

The Chinese always latch themselves onto westerners.
They be foreign sucking leeches nyo!
I am not at all surprised of what you told us of that dude.
Its quite common for the Chinese to adopt overseas peeps.
Also you're a chef so that as well! ^^