The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nintendo (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Harvest Moon (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1704)

Kik 08-21-2012 09:00 PM

Harvest Moon

It doesn't sound like much fun but it's actually pretty addicting :P You're living out life on a farm and you have to raise lifestock, grow vegetables, become friends with the villagers, etc for different reasons depending on the game (restoring your grandfathers farm, saving the village, etc). You can also get married, have a kid, upgrade your farm, etc.

My first HM game was Back to Nature (on the ps1) but I've played a lot more since then. So far I've played/own; Back to Nature, HM64, Friends of Mineral Town, Tree of Tranquility, and A Wonderful Life.

Has anyone else played HM? Thoughts? :D

Ambient-Symphony 08-23-2012 04:21 AM

I remember a few years back there used to be a version for the Gamecube and a version for the PS2, but they both still had the same characters.
Do you know what the difference was between those two?

Kik 08-23-2012 01:18 PM

Hmm the only game I see that was available on the PS2 and Gamecube is A Wonderful Life. I don't think there's too many differences but I've never played the PS2 version. This is what Wikipedia said though:

"The differences, including an increase in brides, choosing the gender of your child and the ability to play forever, make little difference. What does make a difference, though, is the drastic drop in framerate, increase in load times and muddy graphics."

The games do tend to use the same characters/designs in a couple different games though. Like Back to Nature and HM64 have very similar characters, characters from Save the Homeland are in Magical Melody, etc.

Ambient-Symphony 08-24-2012 05:30 AM

Ah, yes. That's what they were titled.
A Wonderful Life. I couldn't remember since the games were created a long time ago. XD
IIRC, the PS2 version was developed a little later than the Gamecube version, and then the game was ported to PS2 with a few addons and adjustments.
My best bet is that the game was originally planned to be a Gamecube exclusive, but the developers decided to take a gamble and and remake it on another console.
Are the HM games somewhat similar to Rune Factory?

Whyt Lindow 08-24-2012 10:08 PM

Did none of you guys play back to nature?
It was for the PS1, and it was amazing!

Opal Maiden 08-25-2012 03:15 AM

If it's one of those time consuming type of games then I probably wouldn't be interested in it.

LOL.

Kik 08-25-2012 07:22 PM

[MENTION=259]Whyt Lindow[/MENTION]: I have :) It was my first, and my favourite!

[MENTION=255]CrescentOfLight[/MENTION]: Hmm it can be, yeah. Kinda depends on what game you're playing though, since the length of the days vary.

Opal Maiden 08-26-2012 03:04 AM

[MENTION=430]Kik[/MENTION]: Ooooooh okay.

Lmao.

I don't usually mind those types of games but if they are too too long then I will get bored and play something else.

Whyt Lindow 08-30-2012 11:49 AM

Well the beauty of harvest moon is that you can put it down and come back later. I went back to Harvest Moon: Back to Nature after 4 years and continued playing the save I had before.

Brings back memories :coffee:

Kik 08-31-2012 02:01 AM

Yeah haha. I've had the same file for years now and I always go back and play it every once in awhile. It's probably a good 7-10 years old haha.