The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Junk City (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Opinions of Revamping the Downloads page (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1413)

Blitztech 07-21-2010 02:29 AM

Opinions of Revamping the Downloads page

Ok, so if you traveled from this thread: http://www.tloag.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=253 , you know the situation, if not let me fill you in.

In short around 85~90% of my uploaded files on Megaupload were deleted due to being reported, I plan on re-upping them, along with on Hotfile.com as well. I plan to have the files hosted on both sites, and therefor have more of a variety of what the members of TLOAG can download.

Here are the restrictions for free users of the hosts in case no ones knows already:
MU: 45second wait time, and a limit of 3Gb~10Gb/hr
HF: no time delay I think, but a 15min wait time between downloads
However, Hotfile gives you more speed compared to MU.

And here is where your opinions come into play, at my disposal I can obtain both HQ and a LQ version of the Anime Downloads of the Ongoing series', what I need from you the members is your own opinion on this matter.

Here is the options I give you;

1. Both HQ and LQ links are provided
2. Only HQ links
3. Only LQ Links
4. HQ archived and splitted (more than 1 part) links provided
5. LQ links provided, along with splitted HQ Links

This is why I would like your opinions for this, I leave a poll for this as well, and also it is available that people can see who voted for what, only for the reasoning of so members can push others to vote as well, since this will impact everyone.
I don't mind doing this either way, but if say the option #'s 2 or 4 were chosen, and your PC cant handle HQ stuff, let me know I will do special request links as well for those members. But yea this poll will be up for week, so cast your votes now!

Opal Maiden 07-21-2010 04:56 AM

RE: Opinions of Revamping the Downloads page

I say both HQ and LQ links.

Although I think HQ should be for Premium people and LQ for everyone.

Also do you have any idea on who might have been doing the reporting?????

Blitztech 07-22-2010 04:40 AM

Nope, it could be anyone surfing the web looking for that specific download. Or just random people trying to be tough by doing this to make people mad.

Sekirei_Lord 07-22-2010 04:56 AM

Ah. So they were deleted?
I knew something odd was going on, because for the past 8 to 9 weeks I have been receiving messages in my email saying "A user has reported a download".
I'm not certain who it was that was reporting the files, but all of the messages were cramming up my inbox.

I think I sent you an IM in the past, concerning it.
I deeply apologize for all of the hard work you put forth, only for it to get ruined by another person.

I may need to change one of the DL settings so that only registered users can file in reports and we can see who reports what.

Regarding the poll, I feel both HQ and LQ would be great.
That way those with weak PCs and those with powerful PCs have better options to choose from.

Whyt Lindow 07-22-2010 10:12 AM

Well I'm not much a DDL'er, I prefer to get everything from torrents.
I do this for ease and because I can't guarantee when my internet's going to be on so it really does help.

But I do think that their should be options for both HQ and LQ.

I know you have covered mostly Anime but I was think of starting other downloads for things like Manga, I was more towards just providing a torrent link but I can do DDL's if people would prefer.
From new releases to nostalgic favourites.
I know you have a section for manga, although it is empty. I'd like to contribute if that's OK.

Blitztech 07-23-2010 08:25 AM

If you have some go for it. As for torrents, you can even post a link to download them too.

Opal Maiden 07-24-2010 09:58 PM

Don't torrents take forever to download?

Blitztech 07-25-2010 02:08 AM

Normally yes, if they are new or have low seeds (people that are/have uploaded the file during download), or if the amount of the uploaded file is low.

But overall, torrents are normally quicker than direct downloads.

Whyt Lindow 07-25-2010 04:53 PM

Torrents are more useful to me that DDL's, I can't guarantee that I can access the internet from one day to the next, so if it goes abruptly then a torrent stops and starts up next time, DDL's dont. (Well most don't.)

I'll provide both, for the first DDL's I'll use my Skydrive, just until I can find a suitable service.

Blitztech 07-25-2010 10:52 PM

Cool, and when I get the chance too, I will create my own torrents for some as well for the completed that is....as for the Ongoing, I will post links from torrent sites that I trust.