The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Age of Empires (Official Discussion Thread) (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1239)

Skadi 03-03-2010 01:53 AM

Age of Empires (Official Discussion Thread)

This thread was made purely based upon so many people digging this game franchise,
(regardless of units sold) and just for being a really fun series about past histories and medieval olden times.

I have played all of them personally. My favourite being the "Age of Kings"
It was so much more fun than the first game and the third wasn't as such IMHO.
Some of my most enjoyable teams I liked to play as were....
the Teutons, Persians, Turks, Spanish and Aztecs (to name but a few)

Who likes AoE on Anime & Gaming?

Don't be shy now, this is a fun thread for all
AoE fans and loves of the old historic times yup yup!

Whyt Lindow 03-05-2010 11:58 AM

RE: Age of Empires (Official Discussion Thread)

I quite enjoyed Age of Empires 2 when I had it, although that was about a year back and when I get a game I tend to hack and get bored of it quick. Although I must say it did catch my attention for a helluva long time.

Skadi 03-06-2010 03:53 AM

I never actually finished AoE 2 so I took the opportunity when given it and decided
to finish all the campaigns. It took a while but it sure was fun though.
I never get bored of anything so I'm good. ^o^

Kazekage Kamelot 03-09-2010 05:27 AM

AOE II was great in all its glory, at least once a year I pull all the discs from AOE, AOE II and AOE III out and replay them. Always great fun to spend an hour or two building a fortress that surpasses your enemy so much they cant do anything about it.

Then in AOE III i like to make Mortors *about 30 of them* and just march them on the town. No better way to win then to blow up 8 buildings at one time XD!

I also like the levels where you can get all the indian posts, and set it to EXP. and then you are garenteed not to be attacked as long as you didnt disturb the moron enemy on the other side of the map, so you can go to work for 8 hours, or to sleep, and awkaen to notice you just gained like 40 lvls for your home town. HAHAHAA! i love it.

Great Game, Overal rating is a 8/10 for all 3. Althoguh AOE III Graphics were much better then the first two, when the first two origionally came out they were the best for their time!

Skadi 05-12-2010 11:23 AM

I couldn't agree with that more Kaze! I personally liked AOE 2 the best out of all of them!
Its such a historical game and that's not just due to the medival atmosphere and setting hehe
Really a King amongst Stratagy games without a doubt!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-13-2010 01:21 AM

personally i liked how they involved Anglo Saxon legends into the history in II, because Anglo Saxon History is my favorite part of history :)!

Skadi 05-13-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazekage Kamelot
personally i liked how they involved Anglo Saxon legends into the history in II, because Anglo Saxon History is my favorite part of history :)!

OMG I freel the same way! Its like we have an AOE's psychic bond thingie hahahaha Seriously though. I do love the Anglo Saxon era,
as well as the Mongol, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese history devices nyo!

Whyt Lindow 05-13-2010 09:20 PM

I quite dislike most aspects of history personally.
But if I've got to pick and era it would be the Nazi Germany's invasion of Europe or just WWII.

Kazekage Kamelot 05-14-2010 01:42 AM

im with Kawaii ill stick the the swords and codes of honor before succumbing to WWII. I prefer life in the medieval times. When at home i even take part in the local renascence fair, and fight to the death in Joust, Sword Play, and Shield Guard.

Skadi 05-14-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

im with Kawaii ill stick the the swords and codes of honor before succumbing to WWII. I prefer life in the medieval times. When at home i even take part in the local renascence fair, and fight to the death in Joust, Sword Play, and Shield Guard.

I would actually side with both of you kids on this one nyo!
I love medieval, but also love WWII! So you both get The Kawaii King on your table! Yes to agreeable peoples! :heart::heart::heart:

You take part in a renascene fair...... OMG I want to partake too!!!!!! :D

Kazekage Kamelot 05-15-2010 02:21 AM

i dont just take part, ive been known as the Chef for the past 4 years. but this year im in China and wont be able to go, so i have a friend doing it for me :*(.

Somethine about rosting 3 300 lb pigs over a fire that i just miss. :P. Damn good bbq thats for sure :P!.

I won second place in the joust last year, and took 1st in the sword play for the last 3 years, and my sheild guard can use alot of work, those fucking things are so heavy XD!

oh and dont call me a kid im older then you -.-. Not by much but i am older. And I am the owner/exec chef of my own company in china. I havnt been a child since i was about 10 XD!

Skadi 05-15-2010 06:55 AM

LOL! I call everyone kid. Its just what I like in addressing folksies ya know?
I'm still a kid at 22 but that is obvious right. LMAO!

I need to see you perfom some time.
Perhaps we can trade secrest of sorts! ^^

I wish more people appreciated the medeval era *sighs*

Whyt Lindow 05-15-2010 04:08 PM

I actaully wouldn't mind participation in a renaissance fair, but as it is there really isn't anything around here.
I hate this country... It's not really that I dislike the aspects of the medieval times, its just there was no actual skill in medival europe. people just swang swords and hoped they hit.

Skadi 05-15-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyt Lindow
I actaully wouldn't mind participation in a renaissance fair, but as it is there really isn't anything around here.

Same here Nick! Aussie landscape isn't really that suited to medival reinactment... well some of it is. Its just most people living in this country sort of left their british ties behind unfortunately.
I'd love to set a fair up, but IDK many people that would join me in that endevour..... :-/

We should create some sort of Medival Renaissance Fair threadie here on Lands of Anime & Gaming nyo! And live ye olden times once agin. hehe :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyt Lindow
I hate this country... It's not really that I dislike the aspects of the medieval times, its just there was no actual skill in medival europe. people just swang swords and hoped they hit.

His got us there Kaze... There is no real skill in medival combat.
Unless you count the parrying and such. But nah!!!!!! not much talent needed to swing a sword and raise a shield. :(

Kazekage Kamelot 05-16-2010 01:08 AM

Whyt that is just sad, the medieval era was born and took flight in your country, if you cant embrace it who can :P!

Skadi 05-16-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Whyt that is just sad, the medieval era was born and took flight in your country, if you cant embrace it who can :P!

I was descended from his countryfolk as well. His not
only letting himself down, but Kawaii King too! :-/

He doesn't have to like it. we'll just chop of his head later. :P

Kazekage Kamelot 05-16-2010 09:57 AM

0,0 im surrounded by bloddy brits... i should hate you all your history doenst work well with my hertiage you tried ruling our lands ... all 4 of them -.-!

Whyt Lindow 05-16-2010 06:02 PM

Well the fact that Britan ruled America was mostly because we where the one to first colonise it and introduced imigration to it.
The majority of the US's heritage is european. Ireland is our nabouring country so theres no wonder why we would want it.
I don't know the other two.

I don't really have much respect for British history, its just men fighting men because that's all they knew how to do. A case of who has the biggest ego and the biggest army. Although I do have a fascination with tortur methods.

Skadi 05-16-2010 11:39 PM

@ Nick: Do you like the Iron Maiden and Guillotine as much as I do? *-*
Thus I be Welsh ancestry and loving it! The pommies are rockin' this threadie out man!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-17-2010 03:33 AM

im not american heritage, my family is new to america only 2 generations. But if you my parents are the first generation in both families to marry in america.

My heritage is Polish, Germany, Ireland, and Scottish, Mostly irish and scotish!

And yes your neighboring Countries off course you would want to rule them all.

But ya know what i can drink more then you, and fight with myself better then any man alive :P!

WOO HOO!! Go heritage!

Skadi 05-17-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

im not american heritage, my family is new to america only 2 generations. But if you my parents are the first generation in both families to marry in america.

My heritage is Polish, Germany, Ireland, and Scottish, Mostly irish and scotish!

And yes your neighboring Countries off course you would want to rule them all.

But ya know what i can drink more then you, and fight with myself better then any man alive :P!

WOO HOO!! Go heritage!

LOL! 2 generations is new to America? O.o
IDK why so many folks nowdays have such vast backgrounds,
I will always be confuzzled by that nyo. ;_;

I disocovered I may have Irish roots in me as well! Yay!
Now I feel even more spesh than before!

Well I'm really am sposed to eat weird animals for food
and we have a lot of great brothals in Thailand too! ^^ Yes!!!!!!

Also green, yellow and red thai curries rock!

Whyt Lindow 05-17-2010 10:36 AM

My apologies on forgetting!
Well I can't really argue with you on the drinking part, I haven't had a sip of alcohol in about 2 months, and I've not been drunk for about 5. If I can handle my alcohol after being so long abstinent I'd be amazed. Although I don't think you would have taken me couple of year back. =)
I'll also give the the fighting with yourself, I'm an amazingly happy drunk, I have never changed from that.

Skadi 05-17-2010 10:42 AM

Nick likes to drink..... O.o Wait is it only beer
or are you a wine man like myself.....

IDK I can't drink, because I get drunk too easily
so I'm sort of on a perm leash right now because of that..... >.<

Kazekage Kamelot 05-18-2010 01:24 AM

ok first to Kawaiis quoted responce..

I have been to tailan, i dont care very much to pay girls for sex if i needed it i can do that here in chongqing too, although i cant agree more eating weird animals is great *love scorpion on the street bbq OMG!!*

And off course curry is one of the best asian dishes ever!!! but i gotta say that i prefer Japanese Curry XD!.

Kawaii if you didnt know i am living in Chongqing China now and ill be going to Jai Xing tomorrow. We plan to work our way to HK next year, and then plan to eventually get into Taiwan with our company. :) If you ever wanna come visit my kawaii lands you are welcoem because we are so close :P!

Second to OD's reply...

1) I assure you i can drink you under the table any time. my record is 5 1/2 bottles of wine before getting so drunk i didnt remember the rest of the night..

2) I assure you i am not a angry drunk, the comment made about fighting myself was a joke referencing the fact that all my heritages hated each other and fought constantly XD!

And finally to Kawaiis other response.

1) I am an avid wine drinker, i love to pair it with different foods, however chinese wines are really all that great -.-!

2) If i drink beer it has to be good or i dont finish it. I Lived in Germany for a few years and let me tell ya, they know how to make a fucking beer. I also like Guiness. Shitty Chineses beers, i dont drink very often.

Skadi 05-18-2010 07:34 AM

Never had Japanese curry and I would pay chicks for sex sure!
Long as I can get some quick and fast. LOL!

I just like wine. Wine is my most fatal weakness after kawaii and moe things.

Kazekage Kamelot 05-19-2010 04:51 AM

well take my word for it japanese curry takes the win when compared to other asian curries.

as for paying for sex, i would never do it, i dont need that kind of shit.

And yes Wine is great but some wine is not :P!

Skadi 05-19-2010 01:28 PM

Such as the wine you offer me to drink LOL! Just kidding!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-20-2010 01:13 AM

most people cant handle the wine i offer them, its too rich or strong for them XD!

Skadi 05-20-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

most people cant handle the wine i offer them, its too rich or strong for them XD!

Step aside and left a real man through! I can dish out whatever you offer me!

Kazekage Kamelot 05-21-2010 11:20 AM

good we will have to try that sometime then especially since we are so close!

Skadi 05-31-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

good we will have to try that sometime then especially since we are so close!

Be forewarned mate... I get drunk very easily..... :p

Kazekage Kamelot 06-07-2010 12:08 AM

so do most asians XD!

Skadi 08-01-2010 11:54 PM

The stereotype rings true here I see.... :p Speaking of Historic accuracy
and AOE gaming. Who's played the expansion of the 3 game here.

The "Asian Dynasties" one I beleive it was, not too sure though.... O.o

Kazekage Kamelot 08-02-2010 03:41 AM

i have played it, and its fantastic, you get some really kool new units.

Skadi 08-02-2010 08:21 AM

I told my brother to buy it, but I don't think
he followed through on that.... ;_;

I'd play it but my compy isn't so crash hot.... *sighs*

Kazekage Kamelot 08-03-2010 12:52 AM

kind of sad if your pc cant even play AOEIII

Skadi 08-03-2010 04:19 AM

Meh.... I like music more than video games these days nyo!