The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Spam Central (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=289)
-   -   Guys, I can't stand it. (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1745)

Starlight 09-20-2012 09:27 PM

Guys, I can't stand it.

So I'm trying to concentrate on school and stuff, and it's working!

BUT DEAR GOD I'M IN DIGITAL GRAPHICS WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO "LEARN" PHOTOSHOP.

I KNOW how to use that friggin program!

She goes SOOOO slow! And we're BARELY learning the LASSO TOOL.

Guys I CAN'T STAND THIS. It's so boring in there!

I can tell we're not going to be going any faster, because she showed us examples of what we were going to be making.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...oq62o1_500.jpg

See that? THAT IS WHAT THE MAJORITY OF THOSE EXAMPLES LOOKED LIKE.

The second year class looks okay though, but she has to choose you to be in it.

She already doesn't like me because I actually made decent things.
You know.

Like I actually know how to use ctrl-z and the paint brush tool.

Jesus.

Kik 09-20-2012 11:02 PM

To be honest this is one of the reasons why I never ended up going back to school for graphic design xD Media Arts was a bore because I already knew how to do everything they were trying to teach (I always did my assignments at home too, with Photoshop) and when it got to designing websites in my business class my teacher couldn't help me with a problem I was having because the design was too complicated or something haha.

But yeah, I hear you.

If you can get away with it, maybe just play around with stuff more on your level for practice and to make time go faster :P

Opal Maiden 09-21-2012 08:04 PM

Oh wow.

A teacher disliking a student just because you're already experienced?

That's pretty immature of her.

I seriously hate people that act like you need to be novice leveled in the beginning phase just to avoid damage to their own reputation.

I can't stand stuff like that.

Whyt Lindow 09-24-2012 08:18 AM

I had a similar experience in both my IT classes and Photography.

Everything they taught was soooo simple it just became boring after a couple of sessions.
Especially IT, this was in college here (think thats high school we're the majority of you guys live) but they where trying to teach people how to use Microsoft Office...
Damn, I learnt that when I was 13 never mind 17. Some people didn't even know how to use a computer properly...

Starlight 09-26-2012 09:53 PM

Kik, I would but she gets on to us. .___.

So we're doing this project, all you're supposed to do is cut out images and paste it on a different background. Also, we're supposed to change the color of something.

Even though I know how to do more, I'm respecting the teacher's wishes by not touching anything we've gone over in class, no matter how hard that may be.

The guy next to me, William, is messing with everything. And he has no prior knowledge to the program so it's looking really crappy.

Guys, I'm only in high school, but I have 5 years of experience with the program.
That being said, I don't know everything it has to offer, which is why I took the course.

Anyways, he looks over at mine, which looks bad on purpose because I love making bad things for fun, and asks me, "Do you need any help with that?"

So I was already pissed at him for acting like he knows it all, and granted he didn't know of my prior experience, but I snapped and said, "William. I have FIVE YEARS experience on photoshop. No. I do NOT need any help."

William is a nice guy, he's just so. Irritating sometimes. But still. I felt bad.

Sorry for ranting about school. xD

Opal Maiden 09-27-2012 04:24 PM

LOL.

I don't think there's anything wrong with ranting.

I rant about a lot of things from time to time too. <3

Starlight 07-20-2018 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starlight (Post 25456)

Anyways, he looks over at mine, which looks bad on purpose because I love making bad things for fun, and asks me, "Do you need any help with that?"

So I was already pissed at him for acting like he knows it all, and granted he didn't know of my prior experience, but I snapped and said, "William. I have FIVE YEARS experience on photoshop. No. I do NOT need any help."

William is a nice guy, he's just so. Irritating sometimes. But still. I felt bad.

god wh y was I so PRETENTIOUS when I was in highschool Christ

EvilServo 02-11-2023 04:43 PM

lol reflecting baclk on yourself