The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Manga (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Loveless (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258)

I-Love-Yaoi 03-05-2010 01:10 AM

Loveless

This is a yaoi based on a 12-year-old boy that lives with his mother. His brother Seimei died and his father is never around. His mother beats him mercilessly because Ritsuka lost his memory and she wants "her Ritsuka back". He meets a long haired blonde man one day and is told that he is Soubi his Fighter. This conversation ends in a kiss and a freaked out Sacrifice (Ritsuka). This manga has 8 books and and the anime is 13 eps long.

Skadi 03-06-2010 03:35 AM

RE: Loveless

I can proudly say that I own this manga and now have two volumes of it.
The anime never worked good for me. It wasn't in English and only played in Japanese O.o
Nevertheless this manga rocks and I picked it up purely because of the "yaoiness"
+ neko looking people featured in this.

I-Love-Yaoi 03-06-2010 11:11 PM

I watched the anime and read all 8 manga ^^

gaga 03-19-2010 01:06 AM

one of my fav manga's..
watched the anime, was good but too bad was so short, they could have pulled another 12-13 eps.. :\

ah well..

i read 8vol so far too, put the manga on hold for a while cause it seems its kinda dragging out, the mangaka needs to start making it interesting again and not copy kubo who doesn't have the slightest idea on what to do for the next chp..

Kori 03-20-2010 05:02 AM

Aside from Pokemon this is the only anime I've watched. =/ I thought it was tragic, really.

Skadi 05-12-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kori
Aside from Pokemon this is the only anime I've watched. =/ I thought it was tragic, really.

*shrugs* Maybe guy on guy action isn't his thing who knows.... :huh:
All I know is.... "I reckon it rocks my kawaii filled socks!"

Tijani 09-21-2010 10:47 AM

There are 8 in English, 9 in Japanese. I read somewhere that there are supposed to be about 12 volumes total. Yun Kouga doesn't make long manga.

Edit: Why the thumbs down? I just got back from Japan, where I asked for the newest Loveless manga and they gave me volume 9. And I know only 8 are in English, or my friends would all be sending me rabid fangirl-y texts and emails...

Yeah... I just checked... Tokyopop's site lists 8 volumes and wikipedia lists 9 Japanese volumes. Not sure why someone thumbed me down...

Skadi 10-01-2010 11:01 AM

Loveless is the only Yaoi I own sadly..... >.<

ilkkuva 06-17-2012 08:02 PM

In middle school, Starlight and I and our friends just passed around those books until the pages fell out. Probably the only manga series I've actually gone out of my way to own every single one of, besides Fruits Basket. Wish it hadn't been put on hold, would probably read the next one in a store if it came out.

Opal Maiden 06-18-2012 03:12 AM

I haven't seen this one anywhere at my local bookstores.

I wonder if it's a backorder type.