The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nintendo (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Pokemon X and Pokemon Y (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1785)

Marc 09-28-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LD-Skipper (Post 26059)
I haven't done WiFi matches since Diamond/Pearl. XD

I'm in the same boat. I haven't battled someone over Wi-Fi since Diamond. I also lost my Diamond game. That's the reason why I even stopped playing Pokemon (yes, I skipped 5th gen). After seeing the 3D world in Pokemon X/Y, I've decided that I'm going to get back into Pokemon, lol. I lost hours of hard work EV training and IV breeding in Pokemon Diamond, and now I'm going to start over from scratch, >_< Yes, I'm crazy, ha.

Opal Maiden 09-30-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LD-Skipper (Post 26059)
[MENTION=255]CrescentOfLight[/MENTION]: You should see Lucario.

I saw it just now.

Why do those forms look so anime power upish?

( '^') 09-30-2013 09:33 PM

Because they pretty much are.
They use an item to temporarily change into the mega form and revert back after the fight is over. Strategically this is taking up an item slot for the ability to reconfigure types/abilities and or stats on the fly to suit a battle.
It's a bit weird, but different. You can't really accuse them of being stale anymore.

Opal Maiden 10-02-2013 11:39 PM

I really didn't mind pokemon the way it used to be.

This one looks like they are doing a little too much with the series.

Each generation feels like it's getting worse and worse.

Ambient-Symphony 10-03-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 26062)
I'm in the same boat. I haven't battled someone over Wi-Fi since Diamond. I also lost my Diamond game. That's the reason why I even stopped playing Pokemon (yes, I skipped 5th gen). After seeing the 3D world in Pokemon X/Y, I've decided that I'm going to get back into Pokemon, lol. I lost hours of hard work EV training and IV breeding in Pokemon Diamond, and now I'm going to start over from scratch, >_< Yes, I'm crazy, ha.

Haha, I wouldn't call that crazy.
There were times where I'd EV train just for the Battle Tower and Battle Subway trainers. XD

Akisame 10-03-2013 03:59 PM

Not long now till they come out.

Opal Maiden 10-05-2013 09:31 AM

Only a few more days.

I'm still deciding if I should get a 2DS since I don't even own a 3DS.

( '^') 10-05-2013 12:36 PM

Well the 2DS is cheaper, and has no 3D setting, but it also doesn't look like it folds, so it could be tough to carry around, though I think it has a better battery than the original. Most people say the XL is the best version.

No matter what you get I'm gonna send you a billion swapnotes :3

Akisame 10-05-2013 08:07 PM

Buy 3DS! Then turn 3D setting up to max. Then go dizzy. Fun.

Ambient-Symphony 10-07-2013 08:29 AM

2DS is recommended if you are on a tight budget and don't plan to use the 3D effects for any of the games you play.
Unfortunately, as Demi pointed out, the size is the only real issue with it. Which will pretty much force you to bring a pouch or bag if you plan to carry it around outdoors.