The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   Tabletop Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775)

( '^') 04-05-2013 01:35 PM

Tabletop Gaming

The forum says gaming, not specifically video games, but if this needs to be moved go ahead.

How many people here dabble in good old pen and paper RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons or Warhammer 40k? I've been wanting to round up a crew for a while, but it never seems to pan out for various reasons.

Silly escapades? Edition Wars? Stupid stuff your players do? Stupid stuff your GM pulls? Talks about it here!

Akisame 04-05-2013 04:04 PM

i like axis and allies but i have to force someone to play it

( '^') 04-05-2013 06:53 PM

I managed to do a couple of matches of Warhammer 40k over a program called Vassal. Love me some Tyranids. Hate me some Necrons. ( '^')

Opal Maiden 04-05-2013 10:45 PM

You mean the board game type of games?

( '^') 04-06-2013 12:39 AM

Sort of yes. Mostly yes.

Opal Maiden 08-09-2013 02:28 AM

Does Monopoly count?

Ludawn 12-03-2013 01:05 AM

Board games are a usual thing for me.
Haven't done anything like D&D in a very long time though. I want to do something soon though. I recently got game tiles from Dwarven Forge and I need to use 'em

Yandere Miku 12-04-2013 01:38 AM

iv done pathfinder a couple times and really had a lot of fun with it but i dont do it often as its a hassle to put together and i hate making campaigns the first time i just did a premade campaign and somehow i managed to fuck it up (not sure how i managed that) XD

Ludawn 12-04-2013 01:57 AM

Haha, there's so much to keep track of, I can imagine it'd be quite easy to mess up.
I've never hosted a game myself. When I got my game tiles though, I set up a dungeon to show them off.
I ended up creating a backstory for it and what different effects stuff had. It was pretty elaborate for something that wasn't even going to be played with. I just had a lot of fun with it though.
One of my friends commented, "holy crap, you'd make a good GM. You're just the right amount of diabolical."

So I thought that was kinda cool *blushes*

Yandere Miku 12-04-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludawn (Post 26858)
Haha, there's so much to keep track of, I can imagine it'd be quite easy to mess up.
I've never hosted a game myself. When I got my game tiles though, I set up a dungeon to show them off.
I ended up creating a backstory for it and what different effects stuff had. It was pretty elaborate for something that wasn't even going to be played with. I just had a lot of fun with it though.
One of my friends commented, "holy crap, you'd make a good GM. You're just the right amount of diabolical."

So I thought that was kinda cool *blushes*

wanna try to gm for me next time then XD my stories suck