The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Manga (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   How long and how much Manga have you read? (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1723)

gaga 09-11-2012 03:58 PM

i download :\
i would download a car - i happened to come across one wallpaper saying that, i thought it was funny but also true :)

anway, since i started reading manga, about 3-4 years ago, from currently 642 manga in my finished reading list, 500 is yaoi, most of them are one or two volumes long, a handful is bigger than that. those other 140 are a mix between few shonen and the rest are shojo which are also mostly one volume length. and im "currently reading" 51 manga and those are most shonen and are still publishing :)

so, to conclude, i like my big manga shonen and small manga yaoi and shojo :3

Whyt Lindow 09-12-2012 09:05 PM

I actually have only bought very little. Mostly the first three of a popular series and keeping them pristine. (Never know how much they might be worth one day) I mostly read online since I'm was/am on the British equivalent of welfare and could not/cannot afford anything.

I do love having physical copies of everything though. I download anime soundtracks and then buy them if I can find 'em online for a reasonable price.

Ambient-Symphony 09-14-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrescentOfLight (Post 25283)
I prefer to go in person.

That way you know what condition they're in before throwing your money away.

Precisely.
Although, if it's a manga you must simply have, and there are no other copies, then Borders would often give you a Damage Discount for bent corners, ripped or missing pages, etc.

CrescentOfLight 09-16-2012 01:05 AM

I still don't think it's worth it.

Akisame 10-07-2013 07:28 PM

I have never read manga, should I? If I did which is better; online (i.e. Manga Fox) or books? My sister told me to read The Breaker. She said its like kenichi.

CrescentOfLight 11-22-2013 06:06 AM

Yeah you should.

I mean reading the books is almost the same as reading the subtitles in anime subs lol.

It's a different experience but still somewhat the same.

Frobon 02-28-2014 04:28 AM

I guess its been 8 years i have been reading manga, though i have my favorite genres. Still i try to read all of them

CrescentOfLight 08-09-2014 04:34 PM

I can admit I have been reading manga as much as I used to in the past.

But I still prefer it over watching most anime.

Cherry 08-10-2014 09:51 AM

I`v only started reading manga not long ago and i have the complete Chobits and Hack Legends of the Twilight manga`s.

Whyt Lindow 08-11-2014 10:24 PM

Berserk manga, oh my~

I've read a load, and I do prefer to read it rather than watch it. You can get inside the characters heads in manga, inner monologues are rare in anime.