The Lands of Anime and Gaming

The Lands of Anime and Gaming (https://www.tloag.com/forums/index.php)
-   Community Feedback (https://www.tloag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Downloads? (https://www.tloag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1574)

Blitztech 02-19-2012 06:42 PM

Downloads?

If it's alright with everyone, mind if I could get started on some downloads for the site again? I know this will have to clear through the admins of course first before I can get started, but I feel like I could do something for the site to increase our web traffic.

And yes I know the whole thing about ACTA, SOPA, and PIPA. File hosts have shut their doors, while some altered their privileges for it's members. But I have a few file hosts that I have had no problems with (so far), and I would like to see how the members like using them to download. Since putting up downloads on tloag's server will drain it's bandwidth like woah, this is the best alternative I can think of.

And to help prevent the links from being taken down, I will not post any highly watched series on the DMCA list for producers. This way I also don't risk losing my accounts with my file hosts.

What do you all think? Also any file hosts to recommend to try out? I have already Depositfiles, Mediafire, Hotfile, and Uploading.com under my belt.

Ambient-Symphony 02-19-2012 10:48 PM

I for one am open for this suggestion, since the downloads were one of the most important things for the site. I say go for it, OD. :cheers:

It's a real bummer that censorship had to come into play. Especially around this time.
I just pray to God that it gets rejected, and fast.

If I come across a better hosting site, I will be sure to forward it to you, bud.

Thank you for suggesting this.

Yumeria 02-19-2012 10:51 PM

I'm good with this as well ^^ DL's bring all the boys to the yard :nod:

Blitztech 02-20-2012 12:35 AM

@ Seki: I'll see what I can do boss.

[MENTION=85]Yumeria[/MENTION]: I lol'd at that.

Shadow 02-20-2012 07:20 AM

I think it'd be a good idea too, but (and I'm not sure if it was like this one the site before) but I'd like to suggest keeping all of the downloads in a hidden (to members under a particular post count) part of the forum,. I think it would be a good thing to do for the site, as it slows down high levels of user signing up purely to leech, and keeps the sniffer-dogs of the entertainment industry from tracking the links back to here. ;)

Blitztech 02-20-2012 03:30 PM

Oh well of course. One of the admins could probably put the whole entire Sector D forum into a members only forum. Makes it easier on me, plus even if I were to be made a mod of Sector D, I wouldn't be able to edit the forums like that anyways.

It was like that before on the homepage, when I had downloads up there, I had it set to registered only.

Yumeria 02-20-2012 11:35 PM

That's a good idea ^^

What do you guys think a good post requirement would be to see the hidden section ^^? 10 post perhaps?

We can start with making the section hidden and we can talk about the post requirement ^^

[MENTION=252]Blitztech[/MENTION] I have no problems with adding you as a mod in that section ^^ Then, if anything is out of place, you can move it to the right place or w/e ^^

Blitztech 02-21-2012 02:46 AM

Hmm, well seeing as how easy it is to gain posts on here, might want to elevate it to 20~30, but that is just me. And that would really lessen the chance at any people snooping around here. After all, we all know how lazy the USA government and people from the entertainment industry are.

Well then, I guess it is time to test things out shall we?

Yumeria 02-21-2012 03:07 AM

*Nod nod* 20 corssed my mind as well ^^ I thought it may be too much xD

I think 20 is good :) If it needs to be bumped up, we can worry about it later ^^

Blitztech 02-21-2012 03:09 AM

Sounds all good to me boss. I'll get started right away.